The spread of coronavirus is having a devastating effect on countries, people and economies. For many Christians, lockdown means that they no longer have income and can’t buy food. On top of this, Christians are often ignored when official aid is distributed. They desperately need your help today.
As Cornerstone Church family, we want to raise money to give to Open Doors so that they can help Christians around the world who are in desperate need of food, medical care and accommodation during this time of lockdown. And so, we will be taking part in our second fundraiser on Saturday 30th May.
“Most church members are daily wage labourers,” says Rahul*, an Open Doors partner in India. “No work for the day means no food for the day. We have a plan to reach out to those who are truly starving. Can Open Doors please help?”
Open Doors is reaching some of those affected, but much, much more needs to be done.
What is the lockdown challenge?
- Think of a task or challenge that you can do for 1 hour on Saturday 30th May.
- Share your challenge with your friends and ask for sponsorship. Share this link with them to make their donation: cstone.uk/challenges
- Take part on 30th May, record your efforts on photo or video and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. By emailing these to us, you’ll be giving permission for us to share these publicly.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with and how much money we will raise for our brothers and sisters around the world who are suffering right now.
If you need some examples of things you could do, here are some suggestions:
- If you are a family, it might be a mini Olympics in your garden
- Household relay up and down the stairs
- Household garden relay
- How far could you travel by walking, running, cycling and returning home within 1 hour?
- How many keepy uppies could you do?
- Ice as many biscuits as you can
- Bake and decorate a cake
- Knit the longest scarf you can
- Complete a big puzzle
- Build an epic domino course
- Complete board game challenge